We Serve Our Community and the World!
One of our main projects is to raise funds for scholarships each year
Scholarships are awarded to a college-bound seniors at the local high schools (Bruton, Jamestown, Lafayette, and Warhill High Schools) based on academic standing, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and a submitted essay. Details on applying are available from school guidance counselors starting in February and applications are due at the end of April.
For information on applying for these scholarships, visit your school guidance counselor.
We welcome individuals and businesses that wish to contribute to this scholarship effort – email us with your details!
We also support a number of local and international organizations with funding, in-kind donations or donations of our time.
In 2016, our Club donated $6,350 to our supported causes and scholarship recipients, and provided $5,300 of in-kind donations. Club members volunteered over 4,300 hours on Club projects and within our community.
Organizations We Support
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY)
- Greater Williamsburg area public schools, including scholarships
- Head Start
- James City County/Williamsburg Community Action Agency
- Operation Smile
- Avalon, a center for abused women and children
- Blayton House
- Camp Easter Seals
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Dream Catchers
- Habitat for Humanity
- Literacy for Life
- Bacon Street
- Williamsburg Community Foundation
- The Arc of Greater Williamsburg
- The Williamsburg Regional Library
- GFWC and GFWC VA Special Projects
- Heifer International
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Hospice and Support Care
- Salvation Army
- Programs for senior citizens and the disabled
- Local hospitals, museums and arts programs
- Williamsburg Knitting Guild
- Williamsburg Faith in Action